A Twist on Stir Fry – Mediterranean Chicken Stir Fry
A different twist on stir-fry that offers delicious and healthy Mediterranean flavors. This dish makes a quick to fix dinner, and is sure to please even picky eaters!
Mediterranean Chicken Stir Fry
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. whole grain rotini or penne pasta
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or 2-3 teaspoons dried parsley
1 ½ cups crumbled feta cheese, approximately 6 oz.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise, then cut each half into strips.
- Heat 1 Tbs. vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat; cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, approx. 6-8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Place tomatoes, olives and parsley into skillet and stir fry over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, place chicken back into skillet and simmer, keep warm until pasta is cooked.
- Add pasta to pot of boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserving 1½ cups cooking water, drain pasta and return to pot or place in serving platter.
- Stir in stir fried chicken, tomatoes, olives, parsley and 1 cup reserved pasta water (adding additional water as needed). Stir in feta cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste.