Kick off Summer with a Grilled Pizza
Memorial Day Weekend is traditionally the unofficial start to the summer! Whether you’re gathering with friends and family or enjoying a quiet, relaxing long weekend at home we suggest trying this fun twist on pizza.
This Grilled Pizza recipe is a fun, new twist on a family staple. It is easy to prepare and delicious to serve this weekend. Enjoy!
Grilled Greek Pizza (Serves 4)
2 tbsp. garlic flavored olive oil
1 thin-crust pre-baked pizza crust
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
3 green onions, sliced
2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place pizza crust directly over grill grate; brush evenly with olive oil. Cook 3-5 minutes; flip crust and brush remaining side with oil.
- Sprinkle crust evenly with basil, green onion, tomato, cheeses and olives.
- Slide the pizza to indirect heat, away from directly over the flame.
- Close grill lid and let cook 5-10 minutes or until crust begins to brown and cheeses melt.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 360 calories, 16 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 15 g protein.