Kick off Summer with a Grilled Pizza
Memorial Day Weekend is traditionally a time to gather with friends and family but this year has made every normal activity different. We may not be able to gather with friends and family but we can always try fun, new recipes at home, enjoy games in the backyard with our family and maybe talk a walk in the park after dinner.
This Grilled Pizza recipe is a fun, new twist on a family staple. It is easy to prepare and delicious to serve this weekend. Enjoy!
Grilled Greek Pizza (Serves 4)
2 tbsp. garlic flavored olive oil
1 thin-crust pre-baked pizza crust
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
3 green onions, sliced
2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place pizza crust directly over grill grate; brush evenly with olive oil. Cook 3-5 minutes; flip crust and brush remaining side with oil.
- Sprinkle crust evenly with basil, green onion, tomato, cheeses and olives.
- Slide the pizza to indirect heat, away from directly over the flame.
- Close grill lid and let cook 5-10 minutes or until crust begins to brown and cheeses melt.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 360 calories, 16 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 15 g protein.