Slow Cooker Peanut Sauce Pork with Zucchini Noodles is easy to prepare in the slow cooker and uses premade zucchini noodles which can be found in the freezer section or produce section of the grocery store. Zucchini noodles are low in calories and carbohydrates. They also count towards the 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables recommended we consume each day.
Pork tenderloin is an extra lean meat, a good source of protein and provides many necessary vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B-6, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin selenium and zinc.
Slicing the bell pepper thinly, adding it into the warm slow cooker filled with sauce will cook it to al dente without any fuss.
Slow Cooker Peanut Sauce Pork with Zucchini Noodles
Serves 4 + leftovers
Non-stick cooking spray
2 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut to fit in your slow cooker if necessary
½ cup Asian sweet chili sauce
¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
¼ cup rice vinegar
6 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
24oz Zucchini noodles, fresh or frozen
1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
½ c cup green onion, chopped
½ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (Save this step until the pork is done cooking.) – Optional
1 lime, wedged
- Wash hands and cooking station.
- Assemble and prepare ingredients.
- Coat the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the pork loin, chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until the pork is fork-tender, reaching 145F.
- As the pork is nearing completion, cook the zucchini noodles as directed on the package.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and cut into a large dice. Set it aside for now.
- Add peanut butter to the slow cooker and stir until incorporated.
- Add the bell pepper and pork to the slow cooker.
- Gently stir until ingredients are covered in sauce.
- Portion over the zucchini noodles.
- Garnish with green onion, chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.