Sneaky Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
Are you looking for a healthy mashed potato recipe? Is there such a thing? Yes there is! This recipe for cauliflower mashed potatoes uses only fat-free ingredients so it will be significantly lower in fat compared to regular mashed potatoes. The flavor is so savory, you won’t even miss the gravy! It will also ensure the kids eat all of their cauliflower without even knowing it.
*Because this recipe is fat-free, if you wish to add some fat to it, you can sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the top of these “potatoes” after they are mashed.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 28 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 head cauliflower
- 24 oz. of low, or no-sodium chicken stock or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons Greek Yogurt (0% fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper and dried or fresh chives to taste (optional)
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and discard the core.
- Bring the chicken broth/stock to a simmer in a pot, add cauliflower. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain and discard all of the cooking liquid and add the milk, yogurt, and garlic powder. Mash with a masher until it looks like “mashed potatoes.” Stir in some black pepper and top with fresh or dried chives (optional).
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 86 calories, 0g fat, 16g carbohydrates, and 7g protein.