Kick off Summer with a Grilled Pizza
Memorial Day is a day to gather with friends and family to remember those who sacrificed for the freedom we enjoy today. Getting together with friends and family doesn’t mean healthy eating has to go out the window. Try this Grilled Pizza recipe. It is easy to prepare and delicious to serve for your holiday gathering!
Grilled Greek Pizza (Serves 4)
2 tbsp. garlic flavored olive oil
1 thin-crust pre-baked pizza crust
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
3 green onions, sliced
2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place pizza crust directly over grill grate; brush evenly with olive oil. Cook 3-5 minutes; flip crust and brush remaining side with oil.
- Sprinkle crust evenly with basil, green onion, tomato, cheeses and olives.
- Slide the pizza to indirect heat, away from directly over the flame.
- Close grill lid and let cook 5-10 minutes or until crust begins to brown and cheeses melt.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 360 calories, 16 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 15 g protein.