Quick cooking with a instant pot is a growing trend for 2018! 10 Minute Baked Apples is a simple recipe to not only help you learn to use the new kitchen appliance, but to get your year off to a healthy start! Versatile fruit makes a delicious dessert, a yummy snack or an easy, tasty breakfast in a bowl.
10 Minute Baked Apples in an Instant Pot
- 6 apples (Gala or Jonathan apples or your favorite variety)
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar (use half brown sugar for a more caramelized flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup pecans (optional)
- Wash and core the apples (leave the apple peel for added nutrition).
- Place up to 6 apples in an electric pressure cooker. Pour apple juice over the apples.
- Mix sugar(s) and cinnamon, sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- Divide raisins and pecans evenly into the centers of the apples if desired.
- Lock the lid in place and cook for 8 minutes. Once done cooking you can either release the pressure manually or let it release naturally.
- Delicious served hot in bowls as a dessert, or served cold with yogurt or oatmeal for a healthy breakfast.