Banana berry overnight oatmeal is a great way to add fresh fruit to your day!
The sweetness of the banana makes adding sugar unnecessary. Limiting sugar in your diet is a step in a healthy direction. Learn more about why we should limit sugar in our diets here: https://livewell.jocogov.org/reduce-sugar-for-your-health/
Banana Berry Overnight Oatmeal
1 small or ½ large ripe banana
¼ cup rolled oats
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup milk of your choice
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries)
- Mash banana in the bottom of a sealable bowl with a fork until smooth.
- Add oatmeal, chia seeds, milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Stir until these ingredients are combined.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge when you’re ready for breakfast.
- Add ½ cup fresh berries for a bright and colorful finishing touch.
- Dig in!
Tip: This recipe is scalable. Go ahead and mix up a few bowls at once. They’ll save in the fridge for up to five days.