Enjoy this recipe for Caprese Shrimp Pasta. Bright and tangy flavors are balanced with creamy mozzarella in this refreshing dish!
Frozen shrimp is convenient to have on hand. Serving it as an item in a dish instead of as the main dish helps control the cost.
Maybe you’ll even have basil, tomatoes & spinach from your own garden soon!
Caprese Shrimp Pasta
12 oz Frozen Cooked Shrimp (peeled, deveined, remove tails if necessary), prepare as directed on the package
8 oz Bow Tie Pasta, cooked
3 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1 pint Grape/ Cherry Tomatoes or 1.5 cups diced Tomatoes
8 oz Mozzarella Pearls (best choice) or block/stick version diced
½ small red onion, sliced
½ cup Fresh Basil, sliced thinly
¾ cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- Clean work area.
- Wash hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Assemble & prepare ingredients. Let the shrimp & pasta cool before proceeding to the next step.
- To a large bowl add: the shrimp, pasta, spinach, tomatoes, mozzarella, onion and basil.
- Drizzle the dressing over slowly, tossing gently as you go to cover. You may need less than the ¾ cup.
- Serve immediately with freshly ground pepper.