Roasted tomatoes are an easy pantry skill to master. Roasting fresh tomatoes concentrates their delicious flavor making salads, hummus, pasta & sandwiches pop!
Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamins like vitamin C and antioxidants including lycopene. Including them in your diet can protect against some types of cancer, maintain healthy blood pressure and help the eyes and skin stay healthy.
Salt & Pepper
- Wash hands with warm soapy water.
- Collect ingredients.
- Adjust oven rack to top position and preheat to 400 F.
- Wash and dry tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Arrange tomato wedges, skin side down on a baking sheet lined with foil. Leave and inch or two of space between the wedges.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper.
- Roast on top rack until softened and wrinkly, about 20-25 minutes.
Store up to a week in a sealed container in the fridge.